The Centre will be engaged in research to advise policy makers and those who implement policies. The research interests of the Centre will include:
- Petroleum Economics
- Petroleum Asset Management
- Oil and Gas Commercialization Policy and Strategies
- Petroleum Fiscal Systems
- Fiscal Issues in Oil and Gas Management
- Sustainable Development of the Niger Delta
- Strategic Studies: Gulf of Guinea, Nigeria – Sao Tome & Principle Joint Development Zone (JDZ) Oil in the Bakassi Peninsula, Chab Basin, etc.
- Industry – Community Relations
- Risk Analysis in Petroleum Ventures
- Membership of International Petroleum Organizations such as OPEC, APPA, Gulf of Guinea Commission, etc.
- Gas to power, etc
- Local Content Policy Studies
- Captains of Industry: Profiles
Research Fellows/ Visiting Lecturers
The Centre has the following Research Fellows:
- Prof. Wumi Iledare: Energy Centre, Louisiana State University
- Dr. Ibibia Worika, OPEC
- Dr. Steve Azaika, former Secretary to Bayelsa State Government and Coordinator National Think Tank.
- Prof. Ben Naanen, History & Diplomatic Studies, Uniport
- Dr. Eme Ekekwe, SPDC
- Bobo Brown
- Retiring Company Staff as Research Fellows
The Centre has published the following Monographs:
- Ekekwe, Eme (2004): Companies, and Conflict in the Niger Delta.
- Egbogah, E.O. (2006): 50 years of Oil & Gas Exploration and Production.
The following publications are in Press:
- Petroleum and the Quality of Life in Nigeria
- Oil and Gas and the Future of Nigeria: Challenges, constraints and opportunities by Professor Wumi Iledare
- Proceedings of the 1st Emmanuel Egbogah Lecture Series on Petroleum Policy and Strategy.