Bio fuel Research- The Construction of a Bio fuel Research centre under the Emerald Energy Centre for Petroleum Economics, Policy and Strategic Studies is about 90% complete. The centre is sponsored by Dr. Emmanuel Egbogah. When fully operational the centre’s first assignment will be to produce Bio fuel which will serve the University Community. The Bio fuel research project is also powered by Emerald Energy Centre collaboration with GWEST, whose President, Paul Michael Wihbey is a visiting research fellow to the Institute. Other research interests of the Emerald Energy centre include:
- Petroleum Economics
- Petroleum Asset Management
- Oil and Gas Commercialization Policy and Strategies
- Petroleum Investment Analysis
- Fiscal Issues in Oil and Gas Management
- Sustainable Development of the Niger Delta
- Strategic Studies: Gulf of Guinea, Nigeria-Sao Tome & Principe Joint Development Zone (JDZ), Oil in the Bakassi Penisula, Chad Basin, etc.
- Industry- Community Relations
- Risk Analysis in Petroleum Ventures
- Membership of International Petroleum Organizations such as OPEC, APPA, Gulf of Guinea Commission, etc.
- Gas to power, etc.
- Local Content Policy Studies
- Captains of Industry: Profiles
The Institute’s Visiting Lecturers and Research Fellow include:
- Prof. Wumi Iledare, Energy Centre, Louisiana State University, USA
- Dr. Ibibia Worika, Legal Adviser OPEC
- Dr. Steve Azaiki, former Secretary to Bayelsa State Government and Coordinator, National Think Tank, Visiting Scholar to IPS on Niger Delta issues
- Dr. Ben Naanea, History & Diplomatic Studies, Uniport
- Bobo Brown
- Retiring Company Staff as Research fellows